Sunday, March 29, 2009

Papers,Test,&Needles. Oh my!


Is how I can describe this past week.
Papers
4 MO' WEEKS OF SCHOOL! I think that says it all! No but for the past week I've slaving for English.

Test
So after studying for like 5 hours---true stuff---I finally got over a damn C in biology. I know that sounds bad. But when the class average is a 48%, you feel pretty damn smart with your C.

Needles
In August,yes o8, I hit my head realllllllyyyyyyy hard on the fridge.To the point I was having headaches weeks afterwards. So the headaches were still coming in December.I just brushed it off cause of school,home life and etc. Basically STRESS. But in January they were becoming a everyday thing. In Feb., I went to the DR. and she said it's probably due to my diabetes---oh yeah---I'm diabetic.
The dr. thinks my body is getting use to meds and its time to probably try something new.
So I'm like ok, least I know whats wrong with me. WRONG!
Still getting the headaches and they come at the worst times: CLASS.
So being true to its nature, last Thursday in CLASS, I got the worst headache and then I begun to feel drizzy,lightheaded and dehydrated---classic symptoms of my blood sugar being too high.
After my mommie demanding I go to the hospital I do. I'm just thinking it's my blood sugar. WRONG AGAIN!
They checked my blood sugar: IT WAS FINE.
So I see the doctor tell him my syptoms and as soon as I said headaches and sometimes blurred vision, he start asking tons of questions bout my headaches. After the Q&A and looking at my eyes. He dropped the bombshell
ALL THE RED FLAGS ARE RAISED AND I THINK YOU COULD POSSIBLY HAVE BLEEDING IN YOUR BRAIN.
I calmly reply, You mean a aneursym?
He said, Yes.
I guess he don't know I watch House, Grey's and is a Pre-Med student.
I knew exactly how bad it was, could get and the outcomes.
I asked what are the procedures to find out.
A CAT Scan. I was like ok I can do that. WRONG!
They made me take out all of my piercings. I havent taken out my tragus ring yet. So I was so paranoid,lol.
CAT Scan came back negative. I thought a good thing. WRONG!
The doc comes back in, and was like the CAT Scan has a 9/10 chance of catching a blood clot. Hmm, if I remember the rule of probablity, I thought that was pretty high and a good thing.WRONG!
He agains drops a bombshell: I wanna do a spinal tap.
That's when I just LOSE it. I just start crying so hard. I knew the shit has really hit the fan.
So ofcourse I call my support group, and my sister dropped everything and drove to me.
I agreed to the tap. With my sister holding my hand I was a big girl. UNTIL the doc had to keep on poking me saying my skin was thick. UGH & GRR, so after being poked 5 times he gets to the spinal area and sees blood---bad thing. If there's blood in the spinal cord region that confirms the bleeding in my brain---
and again I lose it. Till he says I think I nicked a blood vessel.
Then, HE DROPS ANOTHER BOMB SHELL!
He says, I want to do another spinal tap but with a x-ray, so i can see where the needle is going.
I ask him his personal opinion on whats wrong with me, he says he thinks its migranes but have to cover all avenues. So me and the doc and his intern make a deal,lol, they give me meds for migranes and if I'm not feeling better by Monday,I'll come back in and get that 2nd procedure done.
So now my lowe back hurts so bad and I still have faint headaches but nothing too bad. So hopefully the meds kick in and I don't have to get that 2nd Spinal Tap.

No comments: